I have been toying with the thought of blogging for quite a while, and finally decided to give it a try. This page is a place to discuss design, business trends, new products and tools...and sometimes just to rant. Browse the posts, and if you want to share some comments feel free to. It''s one part learning, one part sharing, and one part therapy... shaken, not stirred. Enjoy. Let me know what you think.
Mark Bendickson is a Twin Cities designer specializing in trade show, retail and product design and is the CEO of exhibitdesign.
Make sure you are aware of our terms and conditions (hereafter “this website”) will abide by, adhere to, accept responsibility for, endure under and act with respect toward the following weblog disclaimer:
- By accessing this website, a web browser (hereafter user) is consents that s/he is familiar with, understands and absolutely accepts the following weblog disclaimer: The views expressed by the authors on this website do not necessarily reflect the views of this website, those who link to this website, the author''s mother, father, sister, brother, uncle, aunt, grandparents, cousins, step relations, any other blood relative and the author himself, this website’s web host, template designer, or any other organization, service, motto, logo, insignia or avatar in any way connected with this website.
- Comments on this website are the sole responsibility of their writers and the writer will take full responsibility, liability, and blame for any libel or litigation that results from something written in or as a direct result of something written in a comment.
- The accuracy, completeness, veracity, honesty, exactitude, f actuality and politeness of comments are not guaranteed.
- All trademarks, service marks, collective marks, design rights, personality rights, copyrights, registered names, mottos, logos, avatars, insignias and marks used or cited by this website are the property of their respective owners and this website in no way accepts any responsibility for an infringement on one of the above.
- Although it may claim otherwise, this website does not offer legal, medical, psychiatric, veterinary, gynecological, archaeological, astronomical, astrological, ontological, paleontological, philosophical, axiological, audiological, bacteriological, mineralogical, criminological, terminological, dermatological, ecclesiastical, campanological, phrenological, phonological, technological, hematological, campanological, neurological, psychobiological, urological, ufological, typological,, mythological, hydrological, xylological, zoological, logical or any other kind of professional advice. Nothing on this website should be construed as professional advice including, but not limited to, the above list.
- The information provided on this website is of a general, broad, sweeping, large, wide-ranging, wide-reaching and wide-spread nature and cannot substitute for the advice of a licensed professional or chiropractor. A competent authority with specialized knowledge is the only one who can address the specific circumstances of your predicament. We can try, but this disclaimer frees us of any liability if negative consequences result from our efforts.Please contact your local bar association, law society, neighborhood association of jurists, medical board, county hospital, phone book, online directory, local emergency number in your jurisdiction, mother or Google to find a or obtain a referral to a competent professional. If you do not have reasonable means of contacting an attorney-at-law, lawyer, civil law notary, barrister, solicitor, medical professional, coroner or any other professional in the area of your inquiry, meaning you are an orphaned, computer-illiterate social hazard, please exit this window and get your life in order.
- This website has no control over the information you access via outbound link(s) in the post text, sidebar, header, footer or comment sections.
- This website does not endorse linked website(s), cannot guarantee the accuracy of any information found by following said links or the correctness of any analysis found therein and should not be held responsible for it or the consequences of a user’s use of that information. If you are curious about the veracity of something you find, please follow the directions in the above paragraph and consult the appropriate experts
- This website may inadvertently link to content that is obscene, prurient, useless, hate-filled, poisonous, pornographic, frivolous, empty, rotten, bad, disgusting, hostile, repulsive, virulent, infectious, malignant, antagonistic, irritating, obnoxious, harsh, embittered, rancorous, resentful, acrimonious, pestilential, baneful, noxious, toxic, venomous, pernicious or repetitive. This website in no way condones, endorses or takes responsibility for such content.
- This website publishes content regularly and said content is maintained in reference to the protections afforded it under local, provincial, state, martial, federal, international and mafia law. Publication of information found on this website may be in violation of the laws of the city, county, state, country or other jurisdiction from where you are viewing this website’s content and laws in your jurisdiction may not protect or allow the same kinds of speech or distribution. In the case that the laws of the jurisdiction where this website''s content is maintained and those of yours conflict, this website does not encourage, condone, facilitate, recommend or protect the violation of any laws and cannot be responsible for any violations of such laws.
- Because the World Wide Web is an integrated net of communication, discussion and litigation, this website encourages the distribution of its content. Cross, reciprocal or just plain friendly hyper-linking is consistent with this information sharing and this disclaimer should not be construed as a condemnation of any linking practices. That said, any reproduction of this website’s content must credit the website by name and Uniform Resource Locator (URL). Should you link to this domain or use, reproduce, republish, regurgitate, repeat, reiterate, rebound, reecho, reverberate, mimic, imitate, parrot or duplicate the information contained on this website, you alone are responsible for that action and should, under threat of litigation, credit this website by name and URL.
- This website is not recommended for inmates, ingrates or anyone professing an irrational fear of cats or any other mammal, those who have a penchant for time wasting, illiterates and lawyers. Women who are pregnant or may become pregnant or are nursing are advised to consult their husband and physician before reading this website. Eating before reading may result in unhealthy indigestion. Not recommended for people over the age of 120.
I welcome comments, but here are a few things to keep in mind.You must be a registered user to post comments.The first time you post a comment it will not appear until it has been approved by a moderator. After that your posts will appear immediately after posting.While we are not liable for the opinions of others, we will remove any posts that we feel are inappropriate.
Please refrain from "selling" on here. If you have a cool tool or magazine that you wish to add a link to that is fine. Don''t post shameless and smarmy advertisements for your own products or services.
You might be wondering about the colorful names that the people I hang out with have. They aren't their real names.
I was talking to Tom Yurkin at Gravity Free ''07 about blogging, and he told me his blog had only one rule. To never print anything negative. I applaud Tom for this, and admire the sentiment. I have chosen, however, to retain the right to be critical whenever I like.
You see, while I like to talk about customer experiences and products and what-not, I see (and experience) as many bad ones as good ones. So, in order to protect anonymity of sources, or just people we quote or refer to that have not given permission to be "on the record" I sometimes use nicknames for some people we refer to. The same goes for companies and organizations that we would just as soon not name. OK, let''s be honest, that they would rather we not name.